Data can mean different things for different entities. But needless to say it’s the core of every business organization. And perhaps that is the reason, whatever the event or the eventuality, an organization feels secure with the knowledge that any kind of data lapse will not have an impact on them. Just for example, loss of data by a bank might impact the simple functions like access to account, deposit or withdrawal by a customer in any of the respective branches, not to mention the resultant chaos. Perhaps the situation might not be very different in case of a telecom or insurance company.
Now the question is, how does an organization reach a position when they can safely say that their data is all safe and secure? Well this is subjective and depends on the length of measures an organization might be willing to take starting from a simple tape backup to a full disaster recovery solution.
Quite naturally this will be followed by the next logical question, how much does an organization need to spend? A tape solution will cost lesser than a complete disaster recovery solution. As for a disaster recovery solution to be complete in every aspect there are various parameters which have to be considered before a vendor can customize a solution tailor made to fit an organizations requirement. However the general perception that for a disaster recovery solution to be full-proof, parameters like same storage models and configurations (on both primary and secondary sites) has to be deployed which eventually cost an ostentatious amount of money is no longer correct.
When it comes to keeping data safe and replication solutions that Fujitsu ETERNUS Storage offers, we have a lot many options for our customers to consider, so that they get not only the best solution but at reasonable price parameters. These options for our customers are definitely apart from the ingrained native replication capabilities that ETERNUS as a brand encapsulates, few of these options are listed here:
- A DR solution between hybrid storage array (ETERNUS DX) to hybrid storage array (ETERNUS DX).
- A DR solution between hybrid storage array (ETERNUS DX) to all-flash storage array (ETERNUS AF).
- A DR solution between all-flash storage array (ETERNUS AF) to all-flash storage array (ETERNUS AF).
- A DR solution which can be tailor made between any of above options, with different models (example ETERNUS AF 250 on primary site, with ETERNUS DX 200 on secondary site)
- A DR solution which can be customized with different models, with different configurations
(example ETERNUS AF 250 (12 * 15.36TB SSD’s on primary site), with ETERNUS DX 200 (10 * 600GB SAS drives on secondary site)
- A DR solution which can be tuned to accommodate different models, with different configurations and different families, to ensure we take care of pennies while plan to spend pounds is made.
- To ensure a transparent failover which can be manual if, not automated.
To find out more about the ETERNUS transparent failover solution please check this video.